OUTDOOR SERVICES AT MUNGER: 9 AM & 11 AM
For the foreseeable future, Sunday worship services will be held outdoors in our parking lot at 9:00 and 11:00 AM, rain or shine*.
*Read below for inclement weather plan.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Services are in the main Munger parking lot under the blue sky.
- Bring your own camp chair or blanket.
- Services are 60 minutes long.
- Bathrooms will be open inside if you need them, but otherwise everything will take place outside.
- Dress casually.
- (Update as of 3/11) The Methodist Church has asked us to continue to observe the Dallas County Covid rules: keep at least 6 ft apart from others at all times and wear a mask when you cannot maintain that amount of distance.
- The nice thing about being outside is that you can position yourself as far away from others as you need—take advantage of the space. 6ft apart is the minimum, right?
- Please please please respect the space of others and don’t be that guy or gal who puts a chair down right next to another family!
WHAT ABOUT INCLEMENT WEATHER?
We are going to meet outside every Sunday at 9 & 11, rain or shine. BUT, on days with inclement weather, we will do a shortened service of about 30 minutes. So, grab your rain gear, pack a blanket, bring a thermos of coffee, and—as it says in 2 Hezekiah, “just suck it up.”
Seriously, use the rain as an excuse to tell your kids it builds character. They’ll thank you for it.
WHAT ABOUT KIDS?
Each week, during both services, we offer outdoor childcare for ages 1-preK in a safe, enclosed, loving environment. Registration is required and a registration link is sent via email each week.
WHAT ABOUT ONLINE?
For folks who cannot attend in person, we pre-record an entire worship service every week and post it online every Sunday at 9:30 AM. The sermon is also available, via the Munger website and podcast platform, 6 AM on Sunday.
Please do NOT feel pressure to attend an outdoor service if it not wise for your household to do so for whatever reason; take advantage of the prerecorded online service instead.
WHEN WILL WE MOVE INDOORS?
WHAT ABOUT COFFEE?
At this point, it’s BYOC and BYOD (doughnuts).
Actually, it’s pretty much BYOeverything.
SHOULD I ATTEND IF I'M SICK OR THINK I COULD BE SICK?
If you don’t know the answer to that one by now, we have some magic beans to sell you for a great price.