Mungarians & Friends of all ages came together to serve
East Dallas on 05.18.19 for one Great Day of Service!
Great it was, and we encourage you to stay involved in your organization and continue to show East Dallas some love.
(gallery images view best on a mobile device)
Below are the organizations supported by 2019's Great Day of Service:
Austin Street Center
Austin Street Center provides safe shelter and meets the basic needs of the most vulnerable homeless. Beyond meeting basic needs, Austin Street is committed to individualized care for each person who comes to us for help. Help for the Homeless.
GDS Projects at Austin Street Shelter:
- Help by deep cleaning the shelter (approximate age 12+)
- Sort and organize donations (all ages with supervision)
- Prepare, serve, and eat lunch with 30 women at 11:30am
OurCalling (age 15+)
OurCalling is committed to help homeless individuals develop a love for Christ by building long-term, heart-to-heart relations. At OurCalling, we work to help the homeless develop, heal, and strengthen the relationships that lead to a healthy and sustainable lifestyle.
GDS Project at OurCalling:
- Search & Rescue
- must arrive at OurCalling at 8:15am for required orientation
City Square (approximate age 12+)
City Square fights the causes and effects of poverty through service, advocacy, and friendship.
GDS Projects at City Square:
- Thrift Store
- Food on the Move preparation
Dickinson Place (all ages)
Dickinson Place provides safe and affordable housing and programming to senior citizens while enhancing their social, physical and spiritual well-being.
GDS Projects at Dickinson Place:
- Serve breakfast and socialize with residents
- Socialize, worship, and sing with residents
Interfaith Housing (age 15+)
Interfaith exists to break the cycle by providing working families with the tools to eliminate barriers, equip them to overcome poverty, educate children with skills to successfully pursue dreams and overall empower families to live self-sufficient lives.
GDS Projects at Interfaith Housing:
- Warehouse sorting and organization
- Apartment preparation
Agape Clinic (approximate age 12+)
Agape Clinic provides quality health care services unconditionally to underserved people.
GDS Projects at Agape Clinic (9:30am - 12:30pm)
- Stain Fence
- Prepare, serve, and eat lunch with client
- Medical Professionals to help in clinic: doctors, nurses, nurse practitioners, etc... (5 spots available)
Exodus Ministries (any age)
Exodus Ministries is an intensive, comprehensive, residential discipleship program for mothers reuniting with their children. Exodus Ministries empowers formerly incarcerated mothers and their children to achieve a productive and fulfilling life through Jesus Christ.
GDS Projects at Exodus Ministries:
- Host a cookout: serve lunch and socialize with families
- Help with landscaping and yard work
Heart House (approximate age 12+)
Heart House is an education nonprofit that serves refugee children with an innovative after school and summer program utilizing social emotional learning to help them thrive in their new community.
GDS Project at Heart House:
- Paint two 2 bedroom apartments
Munger Kids (ages 3+)
On-site at Munger
GDS Project at Munger Place Church:
- Decorate placemats for Meals on Wheels
- Pack and assemble hygiene kits and make cards for City Square and OurCalling residents
- Pick-up trash around church grounds and at Garrett Park