Wednesday Morning Men
Wednesday, January 16
6:45 – 8:00 am
Munger Place Church
We are formed by our habits, so we must be intentional about the habits we create if we are to experience any sort of positive transformation in our lives. Taking a brief moment in the middle of the week to connect with God and other good men is a surefire way to become the men of faith we long to be.
- Many of us are asking the question, "Really? Is this what I am supposed to be doing with my life?".
- Most of us suspect that there is more we could be doing with our faith, but we are not really sure what that is. Or the prospect of taking a new step seems like a lot of work for an uncertain outcome in the midst of keeping a busy calendar.
- If we are not already asking the question, "Is my spiritual faithfulness the one thing my family and friends need the most from me?", then we should be.
Along with exploring these questions, we'll talk about a few other things:
- Scripture and prayer - lots of it. If we suspect that God can guide us into a purposeful life, then how can we test whether what we are facing is from Him or not unless we understand his nature and desires?
- Masculinity - we were created in the image of a wild and dangerous (but good!) God, so what does manhood look like in 21st century America?
- How can we be 'set apart' as men of God in work environments that value conformity and reward aggressiveness at the expense of others?
- Stillness - What if God wants to use the stillness in our lives to speak to us, but we are unintentionally crowding him out with an ever increasing dependence on our devices and general busyness?
We meet on Wednesday mornings from 6:45 am to 8 am at Munger Place Church the Coffee Bar. We will hold Bible study from 6:45 to 7:30, then all attend prayer and communion together in the sanctuary. That will become your favorite part, trust me.
If you have any questions about this event please email Rodney Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org