MEMBERSHIP AT MUNGER
We think church membership ought to mean something. At Munger, membership is not about what you get, but what you give. It is not about privileges, but about responsibilities.
We expect our members to:
- Worship weekly—make Sundays a priority and be in worship every week unless you are sick or out of town
- Give regularly—make a financial commitment to support the church’s ministries
- Grow intentionally—make a commitment to become more like Jesus by being in a small group or Bible study
- Serve sacrificially—make a commitment to find a place to serve, whether within the church or without.
HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER:
1. Register and attend a Daniel Project weekend course;
2. Attend a Baptism class (only if you have NOT been previously baptized);
3. Join the church on May 31, 2020.
The Daniel Project is a weekend course in which we’ll prepare Mungarians to live out their faith. We’re asking the question, What does it take to live true lives in a false world? Some of the topics covered:
- The Trinity—How can there be 1 God in 3 persons? Why isn’t there more evidence for God?
- The Bible—How did the Bible come to be? Why should we trust it?
- Science—Doesn’t science contradict faith? How can modern people believe in miracles?
- Sex, Marriage, & Divorce—Can the church’s teachings on sex actually be good news to unbelievers?
- The Wesleyan Tradition—What if we could actually become more like Jesus?
8:30 AM-1:30 PM
We’ll provide dinner on Friday evening and breakfast and lunch on Saturday. Childcare provided.
Cost: $10 per adult.
Commitment: A weekend commitment is tough, but we need you to commit to the entire time. If you can’t commit to the entire time—including arriving on time!—please do not sign up.
Who is The Daniel Project for? The Daniel Project is open to anyone who is interested in learning about the above topics. It is NOT a membership class, but it is a prerequisite for all membership at Munger. Over the course of two days, we’ll look at the common points of conflict between what the church believes and the world teaches, and prepare attendees to be more firmly rooted in their faith and equipped to live it out in the world.
However, if you have been baptized previously—even as an infant in another denomination (e.g., Roman Catholic or Episcopal, etc.), you do not need to be baptized again. In our tradition, what God accomplished through your baptism in another denomination and place is still valid. If you have already been baptized, when you join at Munger you will profess your faith in Christ or reaffirm the vows made at your baptism
If you haven’t been baptized, you’ll need to be baptized before joining.
New members will join the church on Sunday, May 31. If you have attended Daniel Project and would like to become a member, please arrive at church fifteen minutes early. Members of our staff will be in the Coffee Bar, handing out membership cards to gather your information. There! It's as simple as that!