Membership at Munger
We think church membership ought to mean something. At Munger, membership is not about what you get, but what you give. It is not about privileges, but about responsibilities.
We expect our members to:
- Worship weekly—make Sundays a priority and be in worship every week unless you are sick or out of town
- Give regularly—make a financial commitment to support the church’s ministries
- Grow intentionally—make a commitment to become more like Jesus by being in a small group or Bible study
- Serve sacrificially—make a commitment to find a place to serve, whether within the church or without
How to Become a Member
1. Register and attend a Daniel Project weekend course;
2. Attend a Baptism class (only if you have NOT been previously baptized);
3. Join the church on either October 28.
The Daniel Project
We want Munger to be a place that raises up men and women of faith and fire, people who are prepared to testify to their faith in the midst of a hostile world. In other words, we want our folks to be like Daniel, who was so good at his job that he was given greater and greater authority, but who was willing to lose all that and stand firm in his faith when it counted.
So, we’ve created The Daniel Project. The Daniel Project will be offered on September 7-8. (Each weekend will be identical in format, so you need only attend 1 weekend.).
The Daniel Project is a weekend course in which we’ll prepare Mungarians to live out their faith. We’re asking the question, What does it take to live true lives in a false world? Some of the topics covered:
- The Trinity—How can there be 1 God in 3 persons? Why isn’t there more evidence for God?
- The Bible—How did the Bible come to be? Why should we trust it?
- Science—Doesn’t science contradict faith? How can modern people believe in miracles?
- Sex, Marriage, & Divorce—Can the church’s teachings on sex actually be good news to unbelievers?
- The Wesleyan Tradition—What if we could actually become more like Jesus?
8:30 AM-1:30 PM
We’ll provide dinner on Friday evening and breakfast and lunch on Saturday.
Cost: $10 per adult.
Commitment: A weekend commitment is tough, but we need you to commit to the entire time. If you can’t commit to the entire time—including arriving on time!—please do not sign up.
Who is The Daniel Project for? The Daniel Project is open to anyone who is interested in learning about the above topics. It is NOT a membership class, but it is a prerequisite for all
Everyone joining the church must be baptized. However, if you have been baptized previously—even as an infant in another denomination (e.g., Roman Catholic or Episcopal, etc.), you do not need to be baptized again. In our tradition, what God accomplished through your baptism in another denomination and place is still valid. If you have already been baptized, when you join at Munger you will profess your faith in Christ or reaffirm the vows made at your baptism.
For more on Baptisms at Munger, click here.
If you haven’t been baptized, you’ll need to be baptized before joining.
New members will join the church on Sunday, October 28. If you have attended